U2 Cancel Glastonbury appearance
U2 have been forced to cancel their Glastonbury headline slot this week due to advice from Bono’s doctor following his sever back injury incurred last week.
After being told he needed a full eight weeks to recover, Bono phoned festival organiser Michael Eavis last night to break the bad news.
“I’m heartbroken. We really wanted to be there to do something really special – we even wrote a song especially for the Festival.”
Michael Eavis said:
“It was obvious from our telephone conversation that U2 are hugely disappointed. Clearly, they were looking forward to playing the Pyramid Stage as much as we were looking forward to watching them. At this point, we have no comment to make about possible replacements for U2′s Friday night slot. Instead, we would simply like to send Bono our very best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.”
Due to the injury, U2 have also been forced to postpone the North American leg of their world tour. No changes have been made to the European leg of the tour as yet.
So the big question, who will replace U2 on Glastonbury’s Friday night?